Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Too little, Too late?

The Resident started out more coherent than I’ve heard him in a long time. When he stated that he didn’t know where we got the idea that he was all about “stay the course,” I got the feeling that his changing face is superficial. While he did show improvement in his political acumen, I wonder how it will translate into working with an actual opposition party in power.Of course, I’m assuming the Democrats will so act.

The most interesting part I discern is his replacing Rumsfeld with Gates, a CIA spook. I’d say former, but my understanding is you don’t retire, you just go on extended leave. Rumors were rife during his confirmation hearings to head the CIA that he lied to congress about his knowledge vis-à-vis Iran/Contra. The Resident might get his marching orders from a higher power, but it seems his soldiers are more and more composed of Bush 1 minions.

The Republican meme: The further we go, the be hinder we get. So, with that in mind, I can now hope that we won’t degrade back to the stone age in the next two years, though the Resident’s posting of nuclear bomb designs on the web might make the make up of our congress irrevelant.

Now, into the circle file...

No comments: