Monday, May 22, 2006

Nothing to fear but fear itself

Where has all the courage gone, long time passing? I've been ranting about this since 9/11. Not on-line, but to everyone who was willing to listen. Before that day was over I was hearing about how we were at war because a small number of people had wrought a huge spectacle. Personally, I wondered (and said so) that I couldn't understand how two planes caused those towers to collapse when I clearly remembered the designer stating, prior to construction, that they would be built to withstand the impact of a 707 (the largest airplane at that time). Even if a 757 is larger, it's not that much bigger. Besides, they are basically oversized aluminum cans.

Not buying into the official story, I was not perplexed by the immediate hyping of the fear factor. Long a cynic, this was obvious to me as a play for power. All the pre-election "Terror Alerts" that have been non-existant since the 2004 election served to confirm my beliefs. This has become a nation of couch potato cowards.

Now, into the circle file...

No comments: